Thursday, May 8, 2008

Ava's Blessing

This past Sunday we had Ava blessed. It was such an amazing feeling to have Steven bless our daughter. I really can't explain it, but those of you who have already been through this experience probably know what I mean. The spirit was with me so strongly all day. It was such a great day!
Here are a just a few pictures we took of Ava, she is just so beautiful! I know some of these are kinda blurry, I don't know why I have such a hard time getting a clear picture, no one else seems to have this problem, I think I just have shaky hands or something.

The blanket was made by Ruth Wilder, a good friend of my family.

I love this picture of her and Steven! He didn't know I was taking this, I'm so glad I caught the moment! It shows how in love with her he is. Steven is an amazing father, I can't believe how well and how fast he transitioned into fatherhood. He has been so great since day one, I am so thankful for him and love him so much!!





9 comments:

Mark & Shalon said...

the picture of little ava and steven is the cutest!!

Mark & Shalon said...

the picture of little ava and steven is the cutest!!

Mark & Shalon said...

the picture of little ava and steven is the cutest!!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

oh my goodness, she is so precious!!!!

Kristin Rose said...

She is so cute! I love the her little dress. How precious.

Phil and Becca said...

she's darling. It is amazing to hear your husband bless your child. So special. Congrats.
Phil and Becca

The Kelly Family said...

CUTE pics!! She is growing so fast. She looks more like a baby and less like a newborn. And she looks so alert. Congratulations!!
That is crazy that Steven served in Warrensburg. Not many people have even heard of it. I lived there from age 4 to age 8 (1986-1990). I was baptized there. I think it was the Warrensburg branch when we lived there, and it was part of the Kansas City Stake. My dad taught was CMSU, that is why we lived there. Anyways. There is some history for Steven. He probably knows what I am talking about. Anyways, what a small world!

Nic & Kandis said...

She look so cute in her white dress. And I have to agree the picture with Steven holding her is so precious!

Alexis said...

She is adorable. I have to agree with everyone else. I love their blessing day. As for the blurry pictures, I take them too, I don't know why some of them are blurry, since they look fine on the 1" screen on the camera, but then you put it on the computer and it is blurry. If you find a cure, unless it is just a shakey hand, let me know!