Monday, April 13, 2009

Ladybug Birthday!

I'm finally posting Ava's birthday pictures! We had a ladybug theme, so I decorated the table to look like a ladybug, and tried to do all red and black for the party supplies. I think it turned out pretty cute! We just had our immediate families over for her party, and with them alone, there was still about 25 people there! We ate pizza and salad, opened gifts and of course had cake and ice cream. Ava didn't really know what to think of all the attention she was getting, it took her a while to warm up to everyone all being there at once, but once she did I think she had fun.


This is her cake. I think it turned out so cute! My friend Andrea decorated it for me. I could never had done that on my own!! She did such a good job!!


Ava waiting for everyone to get there

Playing with the fan. This picture cracks me up!
Sitting with Grandpa



She was so exited, it was so cute!
Loves books!



She was so spoiled!!


Getting ready for cake. I don't know why this picture is sideways?? I put a garbage bag over her highchair to try to prevent cake getting all over in it.
She kept trying to grab the flame!

She wasn't really sure what to do with it at first. (btw, her little cake we frosted white with red dots to try to keep from staining her skin too much. We figured black and red would be hard to get off of things.)

Kinda picking at it...

Maybe I'll try to just take a bite out of it.

Grandpa Kelly helping her dig in!

Here we go, this is the good stuff!





Why is everyone staring at me??

Okay I'm done!!

Her Nana helping me clean her up.

All clean playing with her new toys

Maybe this will help her to start walking on her own soon!

3 comments:

Kristin Rose said...

Loved the ladybug theme. Cute cake and decorations. Looked like she definitely got spoiled and was the center of attention.

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

what an adorable cake!!! and i bet you could make it...it looks like she had a great birthday! congrats on surviving!!!

Mark & Shalon said...

love the ladybug theme. and that cake is amazing! i always love the pictures of kids with their cake. they're so cute and funny.